Greetings Parents, Guardians, and Students,
BH is hosting our first Family Book Club to provide an opportunity for you to read and talk about books with your family, an activity proven to build stronger relationships between parents and teens, as well as between home and school!
The club is designed to bring the parents and children together through reading and provide time to talk about the book with each other. We are excited to host this event through the use of Title I Parent Involvement funds. We hope you will join us for these FREE events which include:
- Dinner for your entire family
- One copy of the selected book, Wonder, by R.J. Palacio, (additional books can be ordered for $10 each; place order for additional books on the form below
- Fun and enriching activities that relate to the book
- Engaging conversations between family members, among other Club member families
When you attend our first event, your family will receive a copy of Wonder, our selected novel; each family is asked to complete it by the next meeting. Our goal is to facilitate fun and meaningful conversations between family members, other families, and faculty.
This year we will meet twice during the second semester:
Wednesday - March 1, 2017 &
Wednesday - March 29, 2017
- 6:00 PM – Welcome and Dinner in the Cafeteria
- 6:45 to 7:30 PM – Break-out sessions: book discussions and Fun Activities
We hope you will join us for dinner and our First BH Family Book Club!
BH Literacy Committee